ThoughtFaqtory’s longest standing developer Ian Edgar, AKA Knoffel, has been with the company for 5 years. Currently functioning as a Senior Developer, Ian provides leadership on various projects. We spoke to him to find out a little bit more about his love for dev, and his life behind the scenes.
- What is your name, how old are you, and where do you live?
Ian Edgar, 27, Royal Ascot Milnerton.
- How long have you been with ThoughtFaqtory?
5 years now, quite the journey.
- What drew you to development as a career?
The challenge, getting given a problem and using everything you’ve learned be it , software, business and life lessons to solve it.
- What is your favourite part of the job?
Watching Simon do his magic. I’ve learned a lot doing so. But when he’s shinning and at his best. It’s quite the spectacle. But on the same note, watching the other developers do their thing, grow, make mistakes, overcome and excel is quite the humbling experience. Having been there when they started. Thinking about the challenges that was thrown at them and to see where they are now.
- What is your favourite part about the ThoughtFaqtory office?
The variety of personalities, and the magnificent view of Table Mountain. Watching the reactions of each person no matter if they are a Junior Developer or even a Director, come to the realisation of just how amazing everything around us is.
- What is your favourite Sunday activity?
Surfing and or playing online games with my friends.
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be?
- What song do you have on repeat at the moment?
Christopher Walken – “I Wan’na Be Like You” (2016) from the Jungle Book. Although it needs more Cowbell.
- iOS or Android?
- If your life was ever made into a movie, what would it be called, and who would play you?
“The Knoffel Fury”, Samuel L Jackson.